OVGT3S6 is our weekly GT3 racing series in its seventh iteration in rFactor2 organized by Ricardo Milos. Races are every Saturday at 20:00 GMT.
If you want to join, please sign up on the Google Document.
- 1 Download and Installation Instructions
- 2 How Do I Connect to the Server?
- 3 Rules
- 4 Skins Guideline
- 5 Extra Stuff
Download and Installation Instructions
rFactor 2 is playable online with a pirated copy. Mega, Mediafire and Google Drive all have the same files, choose whatever site you'd like. Links are on the Google document.
Place tracks in Installed\Locations.
Place cars in Installed\Vehicles.
For Yohoho Copies
1) Download the game off of the Google doc.
2) Download any updates. (GT3 Update and 488 Update.)
3) Make a folder named Packages in the rFactor 2 folder.
4) Run "Run Config.bat" in the Bin32 folder to set up (some) grafics settings, and enabling VR if you have it.
5) Launch into single player with "Run Game.bat" located in the Bin64 folder. Set your controls, other grafics options and whatever else in here. If in doubt, set all your graphics to the lowest and visible cars to 12-18.
6) Join the server with the "Run Game - Multiplayer.bat" located in the Bin64 folder.
Please launch the game only with these .bin files. Using the .exe in the Launcher folder may break stuff.
For Legit Copies who want to yohoho the DLC
Please just use the yohoho copy it's so much simpler for both you and I thanks. I'm not going through the ton of extra effort to put more junk together but if someone else wants to do it feel free.
How Do I Connect to the Server?
Join the server with the Run Game - Multiplayer.bat located in Bin64.
If you're on a legit copy connect to the server with "+path=".."" "+multiplayer" "+connect 184.108.40.206:64297" in the rFactor2.exe shortcut.
Aston Martin Vantage GT3
Audi R8 LMS GT3
Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo
Bentley Continental GT3
Bentley Continental GT3 2020
BMW M6 GT3
Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R
Ferrari 488 GT3
McLaren 650S GT3
McLaren 720S GT3
Mercedes AMG GT3
Porsche 911 GT3 R
Radical RXC Turbo GT3
Two races, 30 minutes each. Rolling start, unless it isn't.
Bind a button to turn your headlights on/off. If you don't have your headlights on if the race goes to night, you will get disqualified. If you have a potato computer, go to your player.JSON file located in USERDATA\player\ and change the line Max Headlights= to 3.
Don't drive like an idiot, and pay attention to the flags.
Don't flip Marko Tulska. Unless it's Flip Marko Tulska Day or if flipping him would be really funny.
Race will be restarted if needed.
No limits. Pick whatever car you want and feel free to change cars every round.
Feel free to run wide on corner entry/exit, just expect to be called a pussy and insulted in public especially if you wreck someone because of it.
or Discord or the bread
- Do you want to be at least decent at racing? Are you shit? Are you new to multiplayer racing games and you don't think you're shit? Please read How to Practice and Finish Well.
- Presence on Mumble is not mandatory, but encouraged. Especially if you want to hear dumb chatter and the occasional funny rage, or if your game shits the bed it's much easier to get help with it quickly that way.
- While the series is open for anyone to join, please practice until you feel comfortable around the track before joining the race.
- These cars use varying amounts of ABS and TCS in real life. Do not be ashamed to activate them if you are struggling. Optimal TCS is 1 or 0 though.
- If you are experiencing low fps and your game seems to be in slow motion, try reading this.
Don't trust the lights in the car. The models were made by Indians being paid less than minimum wage.
Use this hud (place in Installed\HUD). Change to the HUD in single player in the options menu. Shift when the HUD rev lights turn blue.
HOW MUCH FUEL DO I NEED?
1800(which is 30 minutes in seconds)/leader's fastest lap in seconds=amount of laps for race.
Look at your HUD and at the bottom right it shows you your fuel left and how much you use per lap. Multiply that by the amount of laps for the race.
ex. On a track that takes the leader 1:30 to get around: 1800/90=20 20*3.10L per lap=62L needed for the race. Don't trust the in game fuel calculator in the setup menu.
Wat Car Iz Gud?
This BoP kinda really sucks ass. If you don't really have any idea what you're doing, especially in the setup menu, use the Aston Martin Vantage or Callaway Corvette. They're easy to drive and also the fastest. The BMW M6 is also a very good car, but not as easy. Make sure to use Soft tires and set the tire pressure to the lowest.
Some setups have been posted in the Setups cell on the Google doc. It's updated whenever so if you're looking for one check there.
How do I Change My Name?
\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor edit the rFactor.name file in a text editor.