OVGTOPEN is an offshoot our usual weekly GT3 racing series in Assetto Corsa organized by kuruniku. Races are every Saturday at 20:00 GMT.
If you want to join, please sign up on the Google Document. CAR SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS EVERY THURSDAY 23:59GMT
- 1 What Is This?
- 2 Car Selection Rules
- 3 Examples
- 4 Sort of Tutorial
- 5 EVERYTHING ELSE NOW THAT YOU'VE PICKED YOUR SHITBOX
What Is This?
Bring your own shitbox GT3 edition. Get a car* and completely copy the physics, engine, tires, setup options (aka literally everything besides the colliders) off of either the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO or BMW M6 GT3 made by RSS. If your car is front-rear, use the BMW. If your car is mid-rear, use the Lamborghini. Rear engine just do whatever nobody's gonna actually care anyway.
perfect BoP tm
- Getting a car isn't mandatory, just use someone else's or a default car.
Car Selection Rules
First and foremost please consider how many triangles and LOD's your car has, with having LOD's in particular being most important. If your car has over 400k triangles in LOD A, please make sure the car has other LOD's or it won't be accepted.
Car choice has to look like it fits from the era it (would have) raced. Think of this like a more balanced BOSS GP but with GT cars. Don't ruin THE SPIRIT OF THE RACE.
Has to be a normal sized, 4 wheeled car. No Smart cars, no 18 wheelers etc.
Needs to be from at least the very late 80's, nothing earlier.
Working headlights and taillights.
GT style rear wing. Real life has a few exceptions to this rule. ex. Ferrari F40 Competizione, Toyota GT-ONE, Porsche 961.
"Concept" and "prototype" type cars are accepted. Prototype meaning it's in development not the car class you idiot. see: GT Sport with the fake Supras or Vision GT cars.
Open top/convertible cars are accepted.
Open wheel cars are not accepted.
Silhouette (SCCA Trans-Am/BR Stock Car etc.) and Super GT GT500/DTM cars are on a case by case basis. But in general for Super GT and DTM anything after 2006ish is banned. Yes I know DTM is using GT3's now. You're really funny fuck you.
Daytona Prototypes ok as long as they look like a road car. ex. C6/C7, that ugly ass Porsche, god help me the Pontiac.
But I REALLYYYY Want to Use [dumb shit car converted from a bad GTR1 mod]
If you really think your funny car should be included, show proofs it raced in real life with other more "usual" looking GT cars in the same class. It's fine if it had a DNF, DNQ, or DNS, just as long as it made an attempt.
As always there's exceptions to everything so if you're still unsure just ask in the bread or dickcord where despite these rules you'll probably be told yes anyway.
Cars from these two games are fine, unless otherwise specified from the rules above.
Sort of Tutorial
If you are a smallbrain and have reading troubles, RBDK made a video guide here. It takes literally 10 minutes to make a car, so don't pussy out.
REMEMBER MAKE BACKUPS OF WHAT YOU DO BEFORE YOU EDIT AND DELETE STUFF
For this example we will be making a GT3 out of a Corvette C8R GTE.
- (Only necessary if your car's data is packed.) Select the Corvette in Car Tuner, and create a new tune. DONT PUT CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE TUNE NAME
- Copy the files from the respective donor car in GT3 Files.zip MINUS THE car.ini into the Corvette folder.
- This part might be difficult if you really have no idea what you're doing, but go through the car's files and start deleting anything that looks like it'll conflict and/or ruin the Perfect BoP(tm). Make the new car's folder look as similar as possible to the Huracan/M6 folder. For example if your car has .lut files referencing it's old tires, those can be deleted.
- Keep the car.ini of the original car.
- From the donor Huracan/M6, copy over the [BASIC](unsure about GRAPHICS_OFFSET and GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION, test for yourself lol) [CONTROLS], [FUEL], [FUELTANK], [RIDE], [RULES] and [PIT_STOP] categories to your new car. Delete anything old in those categories.
- Leave the [HEADER], [INFO], and [GRAPHICS] categories as is. Delete anything else.
View the Car in CM Showroom
Click car params, scroll down and click "Align using data" under "Wheels." The wheels are probably messed up.
- Adjust the wheelbase with WHEELBASE in suspensions.ini
- Adjust the track with TRACK under [FRONT] and [REAR] or [GRAPHICS_OFFSETS] in suspensions.ini.
- Other minor things can be adjusted with GRAPHICS_OFFSET and GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION in car.ini if necessary.
Ok I'm All Done Now What
- Test your car in game to make sure it actually works correctly.
- Your car's sound might be broken in the higher rev range, use Content Manager to replace sounds.
- Skin your car if you want. I hope your car came with a template lol.
- Delete all the skins besides the one you want to use.
- Separate it from the parent car by clicking the name of the car next to Parent: and making it independent.
- Don't pack the data assuming you know how to, I'll do that.
- Send the car to [email] or link it on the Google doc.
I Can't Get It To Work In Game Halp
Just send the car over anyway to the email/in the Google doc/ask in the Discord server, just mention its fucked and someone will look at it and probably fix it.
EVERYTHING ELSE NOW THAT YOU'VE PICKED YOUR SHITBOX
Booking Mode and How It Works
5 minutes before 20:00 GMT (thats 19:55 GMT dumbass), the server will go down to enable booking mode for 5 minutes. Click the server and then pick your car, along with your custom skin if you have one, and then click Join. Once the countdown is done, hit Join on the popup window and you will be in the server with your car and skin you chose.
Two races, thirty minutes each with eight minutes of public qualifying,
Some races may be at night, so remember to bind a button for headlights.
Don't flip Marko Tulska. Unless it's Flip Marko Tulska Day or if flipping him would be really funny.
Feel free to run wide on corner exit, just expect to be called a faggot and insulted in public especially if you wreck someone because of it.
Unless there's a crash in the first few corners that takes out a decent amount of the grid, the race won't be restarted. At least one person with the ability to restart races will be watching from the back of the grid.
-Presence on Mumble is not mandatory, but highly encouraged.
-While the series is open for anyone to join, please practice until you feel comfortable around the track before joining the race.
Where Do I Find Mod Cars? Technology Scares Me
Feel free to put links here thanks
COOL SETUP TIPS and TRICKS
-If you don't really understand the intricacies of fast and are just looking for a layout that will give the best lap times out of the box, use a FR car.
-Aim for 26-27 PSI hot (hot=PSI after a few laps) tire pressure.