Pikes Peak: Race to the Clouds 2022
The 2022 OVG Pikes Peak Race to the Clouds is a special event taking place on the 25th of June at 20:00GMT on Assetto Corsa.
Using the historic 12.42 mile Pikes Peak International Hill Climb course, and potentially the fastest BoP'd cars OVG has ever raced. This event tasks drivers with buidling the fastest car they can that meets the outlined specfications below. Finding the right combination of performance is the key to being crowned king of the mountain.
For a guide on copying physics from one car to another, check the GTOPEN TUTORIAL.
For tips and tricks on making cars meet the regulations, check the PPRttC CAR GUIDE.
To generate your car's performance specs, use the PHYSICS HELPER.
To generate a power curve for your car, use x4fab's TORQUE HELPER.
- Note both the Car Guide and Phyiscs Helper will be continually updated until the start of the race.
Running order will be determined by seeded position.
Competitors will take a running start, starting approx 137m (450ft) behind the start line.
Drivers perform 3 timed runs, their final time is the average of their 2 best.
Drivers will be released when the car ahead reaches the 8th mile marker. (Approx. 35 seconds)
Practice is allowed and encouraged.
DNF runs will be awarded the maximum bogey time. (TBD prob 20mins)
Penalties will be disabled.
Tyre wear will be set to 100%
Fuel usage will be set to 100%
Damage will be set to 100%
Inital track grip will be set to 96%
Tyre blankets will be allowed (Stay in the pits until it's your turn)
There will not be a car pack, cars will be automatically downloaded when you join the server. (or you can download each car from the Google doc)
Bonus points may awarded for the coolest car/livery/sound/drift/something I feel deserves extra praise.
ALL CARS WILL RUN A SPEC TYRE COMPOUND ON ALL FOUR WHEELS
Tyre dimensions may be adjusted to match 3D.
Total power must not exceed 1200 BHP.
Maximum RPM for ICE is 12,000.
Onboard turbo adjustment is prohibited.
Onboard hybrid management is prohibited.
Hybrid systems incurs a weight penalty based on your car's BHP.
EVs incur a weight penalty based on your car's BHP.
Minimum fuel consumption is based on your car's internal combustion BHP output and max RPM.
- For fully electric vehicles, fuel consumption may equal 0.
Maximum 6 forward gears, gear ratios free.
Electronic differentials are prohibited.
AWD2 is prohibited.
AWD incurs a weight penalty based on your car's BHP.
Use the Physics Helper to calculate your car's minimum weight.
Maximum wheelbase may not exceed 3.5 meters.
Maximum wheel track may not exceed 1.8 meters.
Total brake force must not exceed 5000Nm (Including regen).
ABS is prohibited.
Onboard brake bias adjustment is prohibited.
Total number of wings must not exceed 8.
Total number of fins must not exceed 1.
Physics wings must match the approximate shape of 3D wings.
Use the Physics Helper to calculate the aero limits of your car. Note these numbers don't necessarily have to be targets.
Drag coefficient cannot fall below the min ratio listed on the helper tool.
Active aero is prohibited.
Aero fans are prohibited.
Ground collider must match underside of car 3D.
- Presence on Mumble is mandatory, you don't have to talk, you just need to be there to listen to instructions.
- CSP 1.77 is REQUIRED to join the server.
- SOL is recommended to sync the time of day correctly, but isn't required.
- You may only submit 1 car.
- Submitted cars MUST have an unpacked data folder and only 1 skin.
- Data folders will be packed into ACD files and placed on the server, so you may not edit your car after you have submitted it.
- If you are found taking advantage of the disabled penalities YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT WARNING.
- You may only join the server with your car.
- Encrypted cars are defacto banned as their physics cannot be edited (easiliy).
- Cars found breaking regulations will not be added to the server.
- MAKE SURE TO LINK THE MOD YOU USE IN THE GOOGLE DOC OR SEND A EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS ON THE DOC, OTHERWISE YOU'RE NOT GETTING YOUR CAR ON THE SERVER.
- Modpack deadline is 48 hours before the designated start of the event.
- Please make sure your car's folder under content/cars is in ALL LOWERCASE. Any capital letters in it will cause issues in-game.
- A disconnection from the server in the middle of an attempt will be considered a DNF, and you have to wait for your next attempt to try again.
- Any updates will be marked in red.
- Server will be run in a "Practice" session.
- Enter server on the designated time and wait for race control to start the event and call your name.
- Line up before the start line.
- Race control will initiate countdown before your run. You can start your run once you hear 'GO'.
- Assetto Corsa should take care of timing by itself. Your time as stated in server messages will be the time set in the standings.
Why did you ruin a cool idea with all these fucking rules?
It's my series I'll do what I like.
Do I have to build a car that meets the regs or can I just show up with anything?
I mean, I guess you can show up with any car that doesn't break the rules if you really wanted, but that's not really the spirit of this event
I found a car I really want to use and be competitive with, but I don't understand/care for all of that autistic bullshit you wrote above?
Good news! If you're too retarded to figure out how to use all the guides and tools, then spec phyics are in the works and will be completed soon™! :D
Didn't the Pikes Peak have gravel sections?
Used to, since 2012 the road has been fully paved.
Where can I download the track/tyres?
Here when I finish them.
Holy shit the road is bumpy.
That's not a question.