Forza Horizon 4/Hosting /ovg/ series
So you have the next big idea and want some help making it real? You've come to the right place!
Create the doc
There is a template available in the /ovg/ doc for easy doc creation.
- Open the doc
- Click on the hamburger menu at the bottom left
- Find the "doc template" sheet in the list, open it
- Right click the template tab at the bottom, select Duplicate
- Rename the copy to your awesome series short name (/ovgfh4/ + a suffix if needed)
- Edit all the fields in the doc with the names, round list, etc.
Advanced doc features
This section is a good read if you want to put any effort into your series, otherwise just go with the flow and skip that.
- When entering race dates, type it in full length with a GMT start time (for instance, 11/10/2018 20:00)
- This allows proper start time calculation
- Note that in the Format->Number menu there's a preset for the short dates typically used (it's labelled 26-Sep)
- Start time calculation is achieved by setting the race index in BT31
- Make sure the days reading in BT33 is positive
- Typically you need to increment the index by 2 for each race because of 2 column wide race events
Creating the event in the WATR club
- As before, find the WATR club
- Select the Looking for Group tab
- Click on Create post
- Select FH4
- Fill in the data
- Race start hour is in your local time
- Set your post name to something recognizable, ideally the series' name
- Remember that Horizon Convoys are limited to 12 people so going past need 11 may not be useful
Starting the event proper
- At the scheduled event start, find your post in the LfG section
- Click "Gather party"
- Wait for everyone to join the party
- Click Invite -> Invite party to game
- Wait for everyone to join your Horizon Convoy
- Monitor that in the Horizon Convoy menu (Y button from pause)
- Wait until everyone has a car, this is the sign they're properly loaded into the session
- Start hosting your events